ESEM 2019 - Call for Papers
After the successful editions of Journal-First presentations at ESEM 2017 and 2018, ESEM has formed partnerships with prestigious software engineering journals to more formally incorporate journal-first papers into the ESEM program. Through this partnership, authors of journal-first papers accepted in the partnering journals can apply to present their work at ESEM. These presentations will allow the authors to speak directly to their peers and will provide additional exciting content to the ESEM program.
The journals that have partnered with ESEM are:
• Empirical Software Engineering
• Information and Software Technology
• Journal of Systems and Software
• IEEE Software
In addition to the general scope of the conference, journal-first presentation submitted to ESEM 2019 must observe the following criteria:
• The journal version was accepted to one of the participating journals no earlier than August 1, 2017.
• The paper has not been presented at and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other conferences.
• The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work (or has been designed a “journal-first” paper by the publishing journal).
• The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.