ESEM Author Kit
Make sure all the following steps were performed before submit your camera-ready version.
- Prepare the final manuscript: the final version of the manuscript should follow the IEEE Manuscript Template for conference publishing;
- The authors must include the clearance code notice on the bottom of the first page;
- The authors must use PDF eXpress to convert their papers from their source application formats to Xplore-compatible PDFs, or check existing PDFs to determine if they are Xplore-compatible (and how to fix the PDFs if they are not). The PDF eXpress is available at www.pdf-express.org;
- All authors must transfer to the IEEE in writing any copyright they hold for their individual papers. Transferring copyright is a necessary requirement for publication. The transfer will be performed through the electronic IEEE Copyright Form (eCF);
- The camera-ready paper should be uploaded to the easychair. You should upload the PDF that you received by e-mail from the PDF eXpress tool (see Step 3).
- Each accepted contribution must have a minimum of one author registered (at the full conference rate) by the deadline for the camera-ready submission for their respective paper type. Note that registration for the conference is per paper rather than per author, i.e., if you have more than one paper accepted for the conference, then you will need to register and pay for each paper accepted. Link to the registration page;
Finally, each paper must be presented by one of the authors, in person, in Porto de Galinhas. Failure to meet these criteria will result in the paper’s removal from the proceedings.
Step 2. Including the clearance code notice
On the bottom of the first page (see image above) you must include the clearance code notice following the rules below:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright;
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2968-6/19/$31.00 ©2019 Crown;
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2968-6/19/$31.00 ©2019 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2968-6/19/$31.00 ©2019 IEEE
Step 3. PDF eXpress usage
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpressTM site.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
- 46206X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Step 4. Transferring the copyright to the IEEE
Step 5. Uploading the paper to the Easychair
You should submit your paper using your EasyChair “proceedings author (Your Track)” role for ESEM 2019. If you are already logged in to EasyChair using a different role, from the EasyChair menu, select “My recent roles”. You should upload the PDF that you received by e-mail from the PDF eXpress tool (see Step 3).